BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Continued from last...



So, we learned that overall, the gastric bypass is the best for losing weight and not regaining it.  

The lap band actually sounds a bit of like a stupid idea to me.  Only because of the fact that a LOT of patient that get the lap-band most often come back for gastric bypass because the lap band didn't help them lose the amount of weight they wanted to lose.  However, i would say that the lap band is a better option for people who are only 50 - 70 lbs overweight and just want to lose enough weight to be healthier.  

For people like myself though who need to lose 100lbs or more then gastric is the way to go.

Dr. Felix explained everything in detail.  Even ran through some of the financial stuff as well.  That was good to know. 

He also said something that made me feel better, because i always have people who have NEVER in their life been 100lbs overweight tell me that I should just go work out and eat better.  Dr. Felix explain WHY people like myself and the many others NEED gastric bypass.  

I didn't know it but there are proven facts that people who are 100lbs overweight usually have a hard time working out due to pain, but not just that, if they do succeed in losing the weight only about 15% (i think it was 15, no more than 15 I'm sure) of them will keep their weight off, the other 85% will regain their weight if not more.  

I wasn't looking for an excuse; i don't need those.  I've already used those all up.  I was looking for my answer, my reason.  I knew i wanted this surgery and I knew why.  I just felt like maybe I was the only person struggling with losing weight in the sense that i had to get gastric bypass surgery at 27 years old.  Dr. Felix cleared it up for me. 

I know that this might sound strange to some people, especially those that are not fat.  When i would go places like just in general, lets say like a doctor's office just for a routine checkup or something, I was usually the only REALLY overweight person there.  Other than maybe one other person.  I kept thinking that people were staring at the rolls on my stomach.  Or trying to guess how much i weighed.  

When i went to the Advanced Bariatric Center of Fresno, CA I walked in so confident.  Happy as a clam.  Thinking to myself "FINALLY a place where NO one will judge me for my weight." and no one did.  In fact, just about every person in that place was SUPER nice.  All the patients in the waiting room were friendly and happy people.  Including me.  

I had a guy sitting next to me in both of the classes that Dr. Felix kept picking on.  I felt so bad for him.  Dr. Felix didn't mean to pick on him, he was just kind of setting himself up for being picked on.  Although, i thought it was kind of rude.  I asked David when we left what he thought, David said "oh he didn't get his feelings hurt, it's okay." Apparently girls are just much more sensitive.  But i think David was wrong, i really think that this poor guy (just like myself and the rest of the people there) was so good at hiding his feelings that he just laughed it off like it didn't bother him, but i KNOW it had to hurt.  I wanted to give the poor guy a hug and tell him it's okay.  :( 

I went to TCBY the other day with David.  I laughed as i took my last bit of my frozen yogurt with heath bar topping and said to David "well, no more TCBY! Goodbye TCBY! Goodbye!" LOL! 

It's actually like a whole new beginning for me.  In fact, it is.  
I tried to imagine myself today with a small 1 ounce pouch for a stomach and as I took a "small" drink of water i realized, i actually used to GULP drinks.  I took a bite of food.  I really DON'T chew my food well.  Something i need to start working on today.  

It's amazing how hard is actually is to chew your food thoroughly.  I need to start learning NOW because God forbid i get this surgery done and accidentally swallow something without chewing it up enough and like the nutritionist said her motto is: "What doesn't go down, MUST come up!" i don't want to be there. 

Great! Just lovely!  I think I'm getting sick.  This can't be happening.  NOT before surgery.   Granted, i don't know when surgery is yet, but I hope i'm not sick for a long time with a cough that lasts me up to 4 weeks like they have in the past. 

Well, i'm going to go eat some dinner and learn how to eat slowly and CHEW, CHEW, CHEW.  LOL!  

Goodnight all! I'll write more later.  :)

0 comments: