BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

First day meeting Dr. Felix and attending the classes...

Hey! So, wow, I'm not even sure where to start.  Yesterday, Tuesday, the 20th of October was the first day I went to the Advanced Bariatric Center of Fresno, CA to meet with Dr. Felix to find out if he thinks I'm a good candidate for surgery and what not. 


I got there, a little bit confused honestly about what exactly I was suppose to do.  LOL!  I asked the girl, Lupe, at the front desk what exactly I needed to do and she said "have a seat, the nutrition class is at 9am, you'll be going into that class first, it's about an hour and a half long." I was there at about 8:30am.  


Brooke tried to warn me about how to get there and that I might want to call to get directions since it's quite confusing.  I'll admit, i said "okay" but in my head thought, "i think i'll be alright" it's the stubborn side of me i suppose.  Well, David and I were on our way there and oh my gosh, i even used the "maps" on my iphone.  It tells me to turn down "Birch" street.... (lol, sorry laughing at myself typing birch and ACCIDENTALLY typing the name wrong... i'm sure you know what happened...LOL!), so i turn into this residential area. I'm thinking "how could the place possibly be here..." David and I were laughing I said "Wow, Brooke was SOO right, I'm REALLY lost! Even my iphone is lost!"  Finally we take a turn down a road to try and find our way OUT of the crazy mixed up residential area and David yells "Advanced Bariatric!" i was like "WHERE!?" YAY!!! We found, well David FOUND it.  HAHA! I arrive! 


There were only about four people in the waiting room total.  At 9am, we go into a small room filled with about 20 chairs (that's a guess), and as the people come in, the room becomes filled.  All 20 chairs.  Neat!  


David was bored out of his poor mind, but being since I'll be eating the stuff and trying to "survive" so to speak, i was TOTALLY intrigued with what the nutritionist had to say.  Although, he admitted he learned a few things about what's NOT good to eat, and it was MOSTLY ALL the stuff he eats DAILY.  LOL!  I was laughing at him.  It's like I eat veggies and he eats brownies....yet, i gain the weight.  What gives!? 


I went in to see Dr. Felix after the nutritional class.  It was really quite funny because I was expecting this nice, calm and caring doctor to come in.  Amazingly, LOL and not that he's a bad man, but a very BRASSY man.  Like hard-core.  To the point and no BS accepted.  


I was planning to get my labs done yesterday along with everything else, but when i saw Dr. Felix and tried to tell him i would do the Seminar next Tuesday he looked at me funny, gave me a stern look and said "The seminar is today at 1:30..", i said "well can i come next Tuesday to that because I haven't ate anything today?" he smiled kind of sly-ish like he was about to say something that would SHOCK me...and said "ever heard of FAST-food?, see you at 1:30 today for the Seminar!" and handed me a slip to give to the receptionist saying I was good to go and that i would be attending the Seminar TODAY... LOL!! 







I did, David enjoyed that the most over the two classes we attended.  


I have SOOO much more to say.  BUT, i'm SUPER tired and trying to watch a movie on TV with David so i will update more on this tomorrow.  :)

0 comments: