BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Doctor's Clearance Letter & Psych Evaluation

Hey hey everyone! So GREAT news!  I went to see the Dr. and she hesitantly gave me the letter for clearance for surgery but she still did it.  Thanks GOODNESS!!! Said it was because I was in good health other than being overweight and that she wouldn't necessarily "recommend" this surgery to someone like me who doesn't suffer from diabetes.

Okay, i understand that, but I also understand that if i keep up with the way i'm going i'm going to end up with one of those things and I would assume that people get this surgery to help PREVENT that from happening.

Anyways, i then went to see the Dr. for my psych evaluation who COMPLETELY without my saying so, said exactly what i was thinking.  That this is a surgery to help you lose weight and keep it off, as well as help people get become healthy so they don't have other factors that cause them problems in the future.  DUH!!! That's what i was saying all this time. LOL!

Thank you Psych Eval Dr!  She was a very nice lady.

All this time, because I have had depression problems in the past was worried about if i would pass this psych eval to be quite honest.  BUT, she said I was actually an EXCELLENT candidate for this surgery.  Made me soo happy.

She just asked like what the cause of my depression was from, and i was totally honest.  I said I was in a very bad relationship that was abusive verbally and physically and my ex would make rude remarks about my weight.  When i told her that i had gone to see a doctor for the depression but all they did really was give me depression medicine, i laughed because she said "well doctors don't understand WHY we are depressed they just try to 'treat' it.  Which is by medicine.  Depression medicine.  Which sometimes makes us worse.  Really, in situations like yours all you really needed to do to fix your depression was to get rid of the REAL problem..." i laughed and said "yeah HIM!" and that i did do THANKFULLY!  Although it was 4 1/2 years later i'd rather it be later than never.  :)

So she said she was going to give the information to the people who deal with my file and within 24 hours they will have everything processed and they will send it over for approval from my insurance company.

So now i just wait.  It seems like a long wait, but i'm trying to be patient.  Although it's really hard to be because i'm sooo excited I want it to be here already.  I'm sure i'll get nervous RIGHT before surgery but right now, i just wanna know that I can get this done.  I want it to be REAL.  :)

Thanks to all who prayed and supported me through this... and THIS is still ongoing.  Thanks for all your support.  :)

LOL!!! On a side note...David (my fiance) made me laugh earlier, he said "babe, i will save you money, let me get a butter knife, fork and tongs and i'll do the surgery for you!" LOL!!! YEAH RIGHT!
This picture totally made me laugh out loud when i saw it.... what a coincidence!

0 comments: