BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Good ol' Wal-Mart!

Today, David and i took a trip into Walmart. The place i hate going to, but the place whose prices i love!

I laughed and almost felt sad at the same time. My basket was blocking the way for some younger lady, probably mid 30's. I said "Whoops, I'm sorry." with a smile of delight on her face she said "oh that's okay hun, thank you. At least you said sorry and were polite.". Really? No seriously, really? Is it really so hard for those inconsiderate, rude and undisciplined people out there to just slide their cart over and say "sorry"? Apparently it is. What a joke, this World needs Jesus!

Anyway, I made a list of things my "support group" friends told me I will need for in the hospital and for after surgery. I had to get it today because i wont be driving to town again until Sunday and dont really have time on Sunday to do it.

This is an idea of the many things i was told I will need, i will try to list most of them.

Water bottle
Protein powder
Milk of magnesia - for well, you know!
Benefiber
Boitin - to help prevent dry skin, and to keep the health of ur hair and nails as well.
Sugar-free popsicles
Sugar-free jell-o
Fiber one yogurt-plain or vanilla
Low-fat cottage cheese
Ear plugs - for those ever-so-annoying beeping IV machines that are expiring.
Band-aids - for after your shower u can put band-aids back on incisions.
Pill organizer- for the many many vitamins.
Fat-free or low-fat milk
Soy milk - in case the regular milk doesn't sit well.
Tiny tupperware containers - bought cute little 1/2 cup ones. Perfect size.
Chapstick - for right after surgery.
A robe - because walking around with your hospital gown on with the back side open isnt exactly a "good" feeling, especially for an obese person. Lol! It provides...umm...shelter!
Little baggies - gonna need a place for all my vitamins when i have to go somewhere, it will fit nicely in my purse. Found these in the arts and crafts section actually! Lol!

Well i feel like i am missing something but i am not sure. I hope this is helpful to anyone considering or about to get gastric bypass surgery.

•just a random thought - I would really like this cold weather to warm up or the heater in this house to be turned up. Burr!! My nostrils are FREEZING! Lol!

Goodnight! :)


1 comments:

dhaynes said...

don't forget the pillow - lol