BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Strange dislikes

This may sound a little bit crazy, but i seem to be hating sugar lately or even bad stuff in general. Today I looked at the ice cream in David's freezer and "thought" about having some. It was my favorite kind. Thrifty brand "chocolate malted crunch". Yum, right?

WRONG!

I closed the freezer door and did a "chills down my spine" shiver. I felt naseaus. I grabbed a glass of water and sat down.

David decided he was going to make tortellini and red sauce with shredded cheese for dinner. I took about three bites and i was like "I'm done, sorry, dont feel that great."

I think that i am getting to where i just dont want certain yucky foods. Even the thought of fast food makes me cringe. Yuck!

This is a good step toward healthy eating.

I also notice i look at sugar, calories, fat and carb amount on EVERYTHING! It's become an obsession. I guess i just took the knowledge we were given in our nutritionist class and ran with it, i am realizing that what the nutritionist said is so true.

She said that most companies try to trick people by putting fat free on something to trigger "healthy" in their mind and make them think it's much healthier for them but in reality food companies have to over compensate for what they take out like "fat" and add in things that we are so accustomed to tasting like "sugar". Fat free milk had about two grams higher of sugar than 2% milk had. I thought that was pretty interesting.

Anyways, i just thought i would share my thoughts on that stuff.

Take care everyone,
Steph


0 comments: